BioShock: The Collection, a remastered set of BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite, will launch for PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 16, 2K has announced.
Blind Squirrel Games has worked with 2K to bring the three games to current generation systems. The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever, says 2K.
Update: GameInformer has been told that the Xbox One and PS4 versions will run at 1080p 60fps, whilst PC gamers who already own the first two games will be offered free updates to the remastered editions.
BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because 2K says the game “already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings”.
In addition, the collection features all single-player DLC created for the three games, though BioShock 2’s multiplayer is not included.
There’s also a never-before-seen video series, Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, which includes insights from Ken Levine.
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.